Saturday, May 5, 2012

First year over!

I am officially done with my first year of graduate school! Yay! I was so ready for finals to be over! The bummer is that I only get a week off before summer classes start :-(. Oh! And I did get the job I wrote about in the last post. I will be going in next week to discuss hours and sign paperwork and such! It should be quite an interesting summer! I am taking research methods in criminal justice (only because its a requirement, unfortunately) and crime and communities (also a requirement). The job is 20 + hours a week (I will be on call).

I discovered an AMAZING bakery in town! It's called Crumbs. Check out their website and make sure to click on the various cupcake descriptions! http://www.crumbs.com/  . I celebrated the ending of finals by getting a key lime cupcake and a coffee toffee cupcake. Both were divine! (I substituted one cupcake for breakfast and another cupcake for lunch, is that bad? The next day I only ate veggies (in the form of broccoli, potato, and cauliflower and cheese soup! lol) ) You can check out the pictures of said cupcakes here: http://instagrid.me/littlechaibaby/ --- along with all my other instagram photos (I am proud of several of my Boston Spring photos in the album, so seriously check them out! :-) )

My agenda for this free week? Perhaps do some pilgrimage to places I have yet to see, visiting an awesome used bookstore that has a cat walking around in it, clean my apartment, sleep as long as I want whenever I want, watch movies, and read some for-fun books! So far I have accomplished the sleeping and the watching movies, with a tad bit of cleaning thrown in! Tomorrow I think I'll try exploring :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment