Saturday, April 21, 2012

I have been sick this past week :( . I initially thought it was either spinal fluid pressure or the mess I was on to deal with said pressure because I was SO exhausted 24/7 no matter how much sleep I got (I was only awake for 6 hours last Saturday!) but today I have started hacking up a lung which tells me I caug something from all those theatr kids that were passing around sicknesses (walking pneumonia, bronchitis,and I think mono were the ones I was aware of). Anyway, I'm relieved it isn't spinal fluid...I was just waiting on having to go get a lumbar puncture! I. Other nes, I had a job interview for a position as Job Coach as a part of the iWorks program that helps youth from DCF (department of children and families, I.e. foster care, etc.) learn how to write resumes, dress for job interviews, and actually work at a job. My job would be to meet with the youth to help them with those things, to evaluate their progress, to meet with their managers, to visit them on site at their work, and to be on call for them in order to help with various situations that may arise. My interview went really well, I think! The supervisors/directors were really. Ice and seemed impressed with my qualifications. They even gave me a couple of scenarios to solve and when I told them what I would do in those situations, they said "wow! That's exactly right! Good answer!" they even started talking about a placement for an all-year job next semester at the JOBS program (same deal, working with DCF youth) which offers full tuition remission! On too of that, the director said she was going to look around and see if she can get me a Practicum placement for my mental health counseling because she had 30 years of experience working in DCF and she knows the head of the Suffolk Psych. department who also worked in child welfare! They said I should hear back about the job in a few days! It's my last week of classes, so I have several papers to write and presentations to make this weekend. Then next week are my finals-- I only really have 2 tests and 1 presentation, so it shouldn't be too difficult. I'm hoping my summer will at least be semi relaxing, with taking two classes (consecutively, not concurrently) plus a job (hopefully this iWorks thing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment