Saturday, March 24, 2012

This afternoon was very triumphant for me. I unclogged the mother of all clogs in my bathtub! since the Draino I had bought didn't seem to do anything and I didn't want to pay for a drain snake, I made one with a hanger and began my quest! I would post a picture with then caption "I killed the beast", but 1) I figured it would would be socially inappropriate, and 2) PETA may get on my case lest they think I am skewering mice with hangers the days. I am signed up for the summer classes I need, but I am crossing my fingers because currently only 4 or 5 people are enrolled and it takes 8-12 to keep us class running (or else they cancel it). If they cancel these classes, I will not be able to graduate by next spring and consequently will have to wait an entire year before applying to PhD programs (most do not have Spring acceptance). Also, I have discovered that Suffolk does not offer full pay and stipend for the PhD program, so I will not apply here after all. There really is no point in applying to. Place where you have to pay your way when virtually all other program pay you to go! So right now the Unversity of Connecticut and the University of Vermont are my top two choices (in that order). I dont really want to leave Boston, though! I've alread looked at the other schools in the area and they do not offer what I am looking for. I remember Southern Illinois University was one of my top choice before, but I am debating about applying there as I do not particularly want to move to Illinois!

No comments:

Post a Comment