Monday, March 19, 2012

Summer plans

I think I have found the key to updating my blog-- always have some sort of reading that is "required" for class but is not of any use or pertinent to tests/homework that I need to (rather, should) be reading instead of blogging! Oh well, I'd rather tell the world via the Internet that I have officially signed up for summer classes: Crime and Community, Research Methods in Crime and Justice, and Domestic Violence, Abuse, and Neglect! This will lead me to being able to graduate after Spring 2013, so I will need to apply to PhD programs this December to be able to start in the fall of 2013! Time has flown!! I feel like I was just applying to programs! I think I will take a course on the math section of the GRE and retake it this summer too, that should help me get into a good program ( my verbal score was over the top, so technically my cumulative score is in the right range, I'm just flipped from the typical applicant scores). Although, one would think a program would seek to accept students who are out of the ordinary (particularly for Psychology programs :) ).... But alas, PhD programs mean research and research means statistics- ergo the impetus to raise my math scores to appear competent in that area (I say appear because I believe I am competent, but my current score does not necessarily reflect that). Anyway, off I go to read some non-essential material! Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment